It's widely known that drinking coffee has many health benefits, but did you know that it also provides many health benefits to your skin when applied topically? So, not surprisingly, the use of skin care products that include coffee has become very popular in recent years. Here are some of the benefits coffee provides to your skin:
- It helps calm down skin issues. While caffeine is a stimulant when ingested, because of its antioxidant properties it has the opposite effect on your skin. It reduces inflammation and allows skin to repair itself and correct visible damage.
- Also because of its antioxidant properties, according to Healthline, coffee on your skin helps repair sun spots, redness, and fine lines.
- Coffee contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, making it an excellent source for treating acne-related skin issues.
- If you have trouble with dark under-eye circles like I do, then coffee is an excellent way to reduce the discoloration. Because of the caffeine-content in coffee, it helps dialate blood vessels which in turn helps treat dark circles under your eyes.
- The caffeine in coffee helps reduce puffiness while also tightening and brightening your skin.
- According to Byrdie, the amino acids in coffee helps aid in your skin's collagen and elastin production, which helps reduce the signs of aging.
Related Post: The Skin Benefits of Avocado Oil
Pin It on Pinterest:
LEAVE A COMMENT
Posted by Angela @ farragio. Posted In : health beauty