by Angela Propes
If you’re like most people, you spend time caring for your skin. You probably spend a lot of time in cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing your face (and neck!) but it's very likely you don't give the same amount of care to your hands. Your hands are one of the first things people notice about you and as much as you work to make your face look healthy and youthful, if you don't take care of your hands, they can be the very thing that makes you look older.
Here are some tips for keeping your hands in tip top shape:
- You've probably heard of wearing cotton gloves with moisturizer on your hands. But think about that for a moment. Cotton is an absorbent material and you want your hands, not the gloves, to absorb the moisturizer. Instead, wrap your hands with plastic wrap, or for easier convenience try those food-safe plastic gloves.
- The next time you're exfoliating your face, don't forget your hands. Gently wash your hands for ten seconds with your favorite scrub, rinse with lukewarm water, and then apply a good amount of moisturizer.
- After rinsing your hands, don't completely rub them dry. Or, don't even rub them dry at all. Letting them air dry gives your skin time to absorb some of the moisture.
- What's even better than letting your hands air dry is to apply moisturizer while your hands are still damp. It helps lock in even more moisture.
- Combining these tips is the absolute best approach to taking care of your hands:
1) Gently exfoliate
2) Rinse with lukewarm water
3) Moisturize while hands are still wet
4) Wear plastic gloves
How to Achieve Glowing Skin
Don't lose track of this helpful information.
Pin to Pinterest:
Image by Roman Odintsov from Pexels
Posted In : skin care